I’ve never stayed in unfurnished accommodation before. It’s not that I’m opposed to it, it’s simply that during my time as an adult I’ve not been offered anywhere that wasn’t loaded to the nines with piles of vaguely suitable furniture.

So here in Cambridge we have our first place that’s utterly bare.

I actually really like it. Certainly it means a few things have to be acquired but it’s up to us where they go, if they stay, and how we treat them.

Personally I love the fact that the flat feels so much more spacious. Other places I’ve lived are full of cruft that sprawls and limits the available room to stupid levels. The novelty of having a whole room that can be configured as anything from a dining room to a TV studio is wonderful!

0 responses to "Why would anyone design a bed like that?"

Leave a Reply