Something that bothers me about the UK is the way that London is like a different planet that just happens to share the same shape of milk bottles.

It’s a sprawling metropolis that pretends it’s the capital of the country. Have you seen the capitals of Scotland and Wales?

London might as well be its own city state! It bears virtually no resemblance to most British towns. The seat of government is there though and it seems that most policy decisions are based on it. Have you been to the rest of the UK’s towns? They’re a few streets of shops and a load of houses. Concepts that suit London map very poorly to the rest of the UK and in this day and age it baffles me why it continues.

When politicians talk about the state of the UK today I always feel like they’re imagining that Glasgow and Swansea are like mini versions of London. It’s hard to swallow anything from people that seem so out of touch with the common reality in the country they are supposed to represent.

I might add that I cannot stand London. It’s a remarkable city but there’s very few places in the UK that I find less pleasant.

slitheen-blaine

We're in Cardiff. London doesn't care. The South Wales coast could fall into the sea and they wouldn't notice! Oh… I sound like a Welshman. God help me, I've gone native.

Recording of this post.

0 responses to "Ankle deep slurry, eh?"

Leave a Reply