Yesterday I mentioned a podcast pilot. Here it is:

geekcast_pilot_3

Download in MP3 (36.5 MB)
Download in Ogg Vorbis (needlessly high quality, 118 MB)
Download in AAC (43 MB)

Running time ~1 hour 33 minutes. Chris and Fox in the chair.

Subjects covered:

  • The rise of the Unity engine
  • The Assassin’s Creed series
  • Portal 2
  • Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
  • Lots of other stuff too, I imagine!

(It’s late…)

If we go further with this, which I hope we do, I’d like some bed music and some other stuff.

This version required more editing than I’d like due to lag introduced by the VM. That said the previous one was done with Mumble entirely. This one used the same clever system but with the addition of Skype. In general I’d rather not use Skype in the setup at all but it is far more convenient than Mumble for potential guests so I made sure it worked. By the sounds of it the sound quality it produces is pretty excellent though and that was using an iPad with the headphone cable microphone. Other podcasts really need to up their game in that respect!

0 responses to "Pint of large, please, Neville."

Leave a Reply