I was sitting with a cup of tea and found my mind wandering. The same happened whilst doing the dishes.

The thing preoccupying my mind was my game.

Now that I’ve got the basic mechanics in place it’s much easier to build more on top. I found myself thinking about possible user intervention mechanics.

Given the approach I’ve taken in the game’s construction adding such things is actually fairly easy and I have a rough idea of how I’d go about doing such things.

I was incredibly pleased that thinking about these things immediately translated into ideas about program flow and construction. For years I’ve wanted to be able to think like this but to no avail. Reading books on programming was useless to me because it would never stick.

As soon as I’ve got a real goal to accomplish I’m burning through the job at a tremendous rate. I’ve still got a long way to go but I don’t feel quite as bogged down for the first time in years.

I will now perform my people’s native dance.

0 responses to "42 Wallaby Way!"

Leave a Reply