Cast-arrested-development-77120_800_341

I’ve been watching Arrested Development after hearing many positive things about it.

Yeeeeah.

Does it get better?

From what I’ve seen so far (14 episodes) it’s bland, predictable, and not all that well written. It’s sometimes funny, certainly, but its core confuses me.

Jason Bateman’s character, Michael Bluth, is amusing to watch but I don’t quite understand why he remains shackled to the boat anchors that are his parents and siblings. I could understand if they ever showed the slightest shred of remorse or responsibility but as it stands it’s amazing that most of them are still breathing.

Is there something I’m missing here?

I get family is important but surely at a certain point it becomes, as Annie would put it, “Junkie talk”…PxBeaIX

I understand that the format requires them to be goofy morons in order for Bateman to play the straight man (although I do so love him as Pepper Brooks in Dodgeball).

tumblr_lyxr3kMusv1r8wy9io1_500

2013-04-03 00.25.56That said it feels like they’ve gone so far overboard as to make the whole affair depressing to watch. The brother, Buster, isn’t all that unbelievable, but Gob (“Job”) and Tobias confuse me as to how they even feed themselves.

Of course, they don’t, they’re not real people, but without some element of reality the whole concept falls apart for me. I’ll give it a few more episodes before giving up on it. Sculpting in silence is surprisingly lonely.

0 responses to "He will not be able to see very well, Cotton."

Leave a Reply