I see that ICANN are doing the whole “My pet wants a .dog domain” thing again. I’ve lost count of how many ridiculously mundane TLDs now exist. Sure, .xxx is vaguely nifty, but .gb.net? Who actually chooses to use that?

One of the domains to be considered is .cymru. Really?

I just cannot think of a circumstance where that’s going to be used as the primary address for anything.

Here’s some details from the BBC on the whole nonsense

I don’t mind vaguely sensible ones, like .play. I could even see a .film being useful. But loads of these are total hogwash and I’m utterly baffled by why there is any interest in further splintering things.

It’s only a short entry but I am simply too tired to write something lengthy and well-informed today.

0 responses to "We clearly have too few TLDs"

Leave a Reply