I've finally found a video editing app that I quite like using. It has its flaws, as most of them seem to, but it does the main stuff I want it to do. The one thing I couldn't get it to do it now can do.
How so?

Well I wanted to key out some green so a sidebar thing would look right - I emailed the developer and within six hours I had a response and within a ten hours I had a solution. I like that.

The more important part of this is that the podcast is back. I really enjoy filming the podcast, producing it, everything, really. Sure, we need more people to get it to the heights I'd like it to reach, but I feel we make progress every episode. This one we experimented with better lighting and new microphones. We didn't quite nail it but we learnt a lot and hopefully later episodes will benefit.

More importantly, the podcast being back puts society things back on track, something which is important to me as it gives me things to work towards. When I have too much time and too few objectives I tend to get depressed. Something I could really do without given the current state of play of my emotions generally.

I've hit another one of these lulls where I'm not particularly interested in going out and getting hammered in clubs and bars. I've spent a nice portion of the year doing that. I don't regret it at all, but it's going to be a while until I'm partying hard again. Flat parties sound good though, especially if I get to meet a few new people.

In the meantime I really hope I can scrape together enough disposable income to join a gym. I'd like to finally get to a stage where I'm happy with how I look in terms of tone and muscle mass, neither of which I'm particularly satisfied with. It's mostly about what I think of how I look as it doesn't really matter what everyone else thinks in that respect, as long as I'm not a hideous troll.

On another note, I'm thinking of staying in Edinburgh for Christmas. I know it's a long way off, but my parents aren't coming back to the UK for it and I'm certainly not going to Sweden to spend it essentially alone and putting up with relatives treating me like I'm this enormous burden. If I have to spend Christmas alone, I'd rather do it where I have a fast internet connection and tequila.

0 responses to "Editors, exercise and egocentricism"

Leave a Reply