Part of this is going to seem rather geeky to those of you who aren't geeky and un-geeky to those of you who are geeky. Mandatory "confused yet?" remark.

The other day, Thursday I think it was, my external hard drive started making very odd clicking noises. Long story short, I may never be able to recover the data from it.

What does this mean though?

Well, it means I've lost whatever was on there that wasn't copied to the media centre in my flat. So that basically leaves photos and some video footage.
I've lost all my photos from my old camera and my current camera.
As I'm very visual, that kinda means I've lost a lot of memories.

I feel it's somewhat sad that I don't really care that much. The photos were mostly of Zoe and those times. Sure some of those times were a lot of fun, but now they just stand to remind me of what drove me to break up with her.
The photos aren't that interesting and there's not many of me.

Maybe that's arrogant, but I'd like to look back through my photos and see that myself enjoying life, taking part in things. It's not that I haven't done so, but when I've done stuff no one has bothered to take photos.

While the rest of you remember it, I don't. I've just got big fuzzy spots in my memory in between big events and there's no photos to fill it in. Please don't make me ask you to take photos, don't complain when I take photos. Aww, you don't look good in photos? You look fine. Really. Even if you don't know it. All of you.
Don't always pose. Some are fun posed, but I want some of actual events, not just how you want to present it.

On the plus side, last time a hard disk crashed I lost a hell of a lot more data. M'eh, the most important stuff is on ZD-Harriet's hard disk or online.

0 responses to "Losing data."

Leave a Reply