I was having a chat on MSN with a friend of mine. We have a lot in common and he often finds that we're very, very similar. Worryingly so, hehe.

One thing we noticed we have in common is our dislike of making small decisions. Big decisions, no problem. What kind of sandwich should I have for lunch? Erm..

This lead me onto something I recall coming up many times before - my dislike of choosing music. I don't mind choosing it for myself that much, as long as I have a shuffle function to hand. However, if I'm playing music for other people, there's so many factors to take into account and I am paralysed.

I recall this coming up when I was hanging with Rachel.
We were sitting on my sofa idly watching music channels and I ended up having to choose. I really cannot say how much I hate doing that.
Music preference, in my mind, doesn't often correlate with lots of things I can analyse. Therefore, knowing what someone else might like or dislike is very difficult for me to know without memorising it.

Even with close friends who I'm not trying to impress, I struggle to choose music.

It's one of the few things I feel bad about, with regards to my short time with Rachel. What's worse is that I don't know what I could have done differently. I'm just me and that's all I can be, just me.

0 responses to "Little things."

Leave a Reply