My first, most important point is a thank you.
Thank you, Callum.
Thank you, Matt.

Without you guys, we wouldn't have been able to make things happen.

Hey man, don't you realize in order for us to make this thing work, man
We've got to get rid of the pimps, and the pushers, and the prostitutes and then start all over again clean?


Well no, but that quote sprung to mind when I was thinking about how to phrase this next bit:
It seems some of my friends and contacts don't realize that in order for us to make this thing work, we need them. We need you guys to believe.
I'm sure we all have our doubts from time to time, but it seems that I have to prove at every corner that I can do what I say I'm going to.

I'm not expecting it to go away and a little doubt is certainly a good countermeasure against complacancy. Some of you may be aware that my father organised a massive falconry festival, encompassing thirty seven nations and bringing together thousands of years of falconry history. When he was planning this, even some of his own staff doubted him. They seemed amazed that it actually happened.

I had no doubt it would happen, although I was curious as to how successful it would be. I'm guessing that I'm going to have to deal with this idea that no matter how many projects we discuss, brainstorm, plan and execute, there will always be people who doubt us.

How many of YOU have your own projects? How many of YOU have come up with an idea and then actually done something about it?

I'm not trying to suggest that the things I try and do are effortless or easy, if they were then it wouldn't be fun. What I'm trying to say is that if you're going to try and hedge your bets all the time, please don't. I'm not a politician, I try and not make promises I'm not willing to try to keep. To use a rather crude expression - either shit or get off the pot.

Anyone amongst you who is under the impression that I just talk about things, hear this - I talk about my ideas for projects because it helps me visualise them. To explain them to someone else forces me to sort through the concepts in my mind and try and martial them into a sensible structure that can then be vocalised. The other person doesn't need to actively listen, but I cannot talk to myself. I need sounding boards.
If you can contribute your ideas, chances are I'll listen. I may not agree, but hearing another take on the matter can be very useful.

Changing tack, the Freshers Fayre went swimmingly. We've pages and pages of sign-ups, I've processed three of those pages, only another seven or so to go. Flyers were handed out, ideas pitched, events discussed, alliances forged.

0 responses to "The Freshers Fayre."

Leave a Reply